Wednesday, October 31, 2007

New apartment and halloween

Ok so as you know I found an apartment that I will be moving into on Nov. 15! It is in a super location. Right near this HUGE( and by huge i mean miles long) forest. and on this little cobblestone street, right near cute restaurants, a 7 minute walk to Liesl's(my friend and co-worker) and maybe 15 minute walk to the office. anyway- I am so excited and God is so good. so here are some pics of the new place. Keep in mind that the furniture is NOT mine- it is the current renters. I went over tonight to figure out some logistical things- like transferring electrical and stuff - so I got to take some pics.

Here is the bathroom and my terasse(beyond excited about that!)

The kitchen and 1/2 of the living/dining room

More views of the living room- the fireplace is not real but it looks awfully cute!

and the bedroom- sorry the pictures not better

So for this week I am staying at Liesl's apartment- which has been great-we had a little adventure on Monday. We were supposed to drive down to Paris just for an overnight. We got up really early to get a jump on it and were on the road by 6:30 AM. We made it about 5 km into France and Liesl's car just died. We were 2 women stranded on the side of the highway with these big semi's blowing past us. So we called everyone we knew but no one could really come get us so we called a towing company. It was POURING down rain and we were all kinds of wet(we were under the hood in the rain trying to figure out what was wrong with the car-like we know anything about cars!) So after we called the towing company we decided to try the car one more time- and it started right up!! so we turned around and headed back into Belgium. We stopped at a gas station and filled the oil(it was crazy low) and the car has been fine ever since. SO we never made it to Paris but I have now been to France for the first time since '99.

Yesterday we went for a walk in the forest near my house and here are a few pics - the leaves here are gorgeous!!

Last week in Overijse(where Janet and Paul live) they had their trick or treating night. We all dressed up and met a few students and had a blast. Here are me, Liesl and Janet- can you guess what we are?

Answer- I am a Black eyed pea, Liesl is mother nature and Janet is one cool mom.
Here is the group of girls

This past Friday night we got to Chaperone a school dance at one of the school's where we do YL. Here's the team being oh so cool!
Here's all of us- Paul, Tebo, Liesl, me and Cassandra- we are all on staff here except Cassandra is one of our awesome volunteers!
Well that's all for now! enjoy

4 comments:

Landis said...

Riss, love the new digs! Can't wait to come and see them, wait...I do not think I will be there, unless you know who takes me there :)(just kidding mom!) Anyway, love the pictures, keep them coming!!!

Preben and Ellen said...

sooo cute marissa!!! i love it! I can't wait to come visit! i think you should put little candles in the fireplace :) and pretend it is real :) i miss you!

The Martindells said...

Your new place looks HUGE compared to your place in Norway (although that MIGHT just be the camera angles since I never GOT to personally SEE your place in Norway...that's going to change re: your place here...I'm coming...some day...I'm coming!!! - be afraid...be very afraid). Looks like you have a great personnel support system as well! Praise the Lord! Love you!

Landis said...

Riss are you still alive...mom is getting worried :) I think your last post was 2 years ago...what up dude, like totally get with the blogging!