Sunday, September 28, 2008

Heading off to Ireland

Yes- tonight I leave Belgium and head to Shannon, Ireland!! I am so excited- I mean in what world did I ever think I would be going to Ireland to meet my parents and aunt and uncle-Have Carol and Ed ever even used their passports before?
Before I go I figured I would catch you up on the comings and goings of my life:) Cuz I know you are all waiting with bated breath. Ok so I know I told you all that at the end of the summer I went to Germany for a week to take an apologetics class. Here are a few pictures from that class. Kate, Lyndsey and I outside of our classroom. And then a picture from the last day when we made s'mores. It was really hot and in the middle of the day but we had the supplies so we went for it:)
This is a picture of the little town where we were staying. One day a few of us went on a hike. It was quite fun- we even took "senior pictures" The only one I had on my camera was Kate's- so enjoy her "senior picture:)"
The week after we got back from our class was busy spent getting things organized for a semester of activity. Before we did all of that though our YL team headed out to an abbey. Once a month we try to do a solitude day where we go out and spend a few hours of quiet. It is a great time to really weed through all the things going through my head and have really good time with the Lord. The abbey that we go to is gorgeous. Here are just a few pictures of it.

And finally-we went to a fun concert downtown that same week. Rue Royale is a husband and wife band. Liesl had met them in the states through a good friend of hers and so she was very excited to go see them. So Liesl, Fiona and I went downtown to watch them play at a little bar. They really were great! Here we are at the concert and then a picture of the band.
Well that's all for now- I think that's enough! I will have more news once I get back from Ireland!! Oh yeah- one other fun thing that I do not have pictures of-Friday night one of the International schools had an under the lights football game- pretty fun!!! American football under the lights in Belgium!

2 comments:

ers said...

i just added you to my list so i can really stalk you. i love all your pics. who else has these pics from around the world. hope you are well.

The Martindells said...

You crazy travelling girl...i'm so jealous. Hope you had a blast with mom and dad...we miss you - thanks for keeping your blog updated so that we know what's happening around the world!!!