Thursday, October 2, 2008

No Leprechaun's!

So my Ireland adventure was a success. I flew into Shannon where mom and dad and Aunt carol and uncle ed picked me up at the airport. I didn't check any bags so I was out of the airport before actual landing time! Pretty good Ryan air! We wound our way through the Irish countryside- not for the faint of stomach -and got to their "house" around 11:30pm. The next day we headed off to the Cliffs of Moher- it just sounds ominous!! They were gorgeous! Here are just a couple of picks. It was really windy and a few times sprinkled on us but for the most part it was actually quite nice.

Here I am going where I shouldn't:) go figure!!
After the Cliffs we drove along the coast for a few hours just taking in the amazing scenery. I was a little obsessed with the cemeteries- they really do have tons of these Celtic crosses everywhere.
On Tuesday we decided to do the Ring of Kerry but needed a hearty english breakfast to get us going! SO we stopped in this cute little town and ate in a little cafe- really we did not get an english breakfast that morning- just some great scones, bagels, and other breakfast delights.

This is some of the scenery along the ring of Kerry- I took tons of pictures but you get the idea- it's gorgeous!
That night we stopped in Kilarney just to walk around for a bit. This is my favorite store of the night. Great little book store with an upstairs. When I went in books were just crammed everywhere-gotta love it!! When I am old and gray I am going to own a little bookstore in Ireland-decision made!

This is my last day in Ireland. We went to the town of Innis for a little to walk around. This is Dad, Mom and I outside a flower shop.

This is my favorite picture of mom and I. It is in the Bunratty Castle that we went to. They also have an amazing folk park museum where they have brought in homes from all over Ireland. In some of the houses there were actually older women baking bread! Yummy!!

Here's the outside of the Castle.

This was in the Folk park part. They had all these little shops that you could go in and see what they would have been like during different time periods. They also had all of these bike sitting around. They weren't chained or anything. Just propped up against walls and things. To bad the tires were flat or we coulda raced down mainstreet!
So GREAT trip. Makes me want to go back and explore Ireland a bit- and for 35 Euro round trip- Why not?!!!

3 comments:

Cheffie-Mom said...

Wow, what beautiful pictures. I'm glad you had such a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing! (:

The Martindells said...

You are such a "gangsta"...the hat rocks. (so do the Cliffs of Mohr..har, har). Thanks for sharing some pic previews of Ireland - glad you got to go and see such lovely sights AND spend some quality time with mom and dad! We love you and miss you...you ARE coming home for Christmas, RIGHT!?!!?!?

Leesa said...

Hey Marissa!! Just found your blog- I LOVE it!!! I went to Ireland in college- your pictures are FANTASTIC and bring back such great memories!! I need to get my hubby there someday to discover his roots!!!!
Leesa