Thursday, September 11, 2008

Rest of August

I know!! I know!! everyone is telling me I need to update this thing. And as much as I stalk other peoples blog you'd think I would be on top of mine- but alas I am not! Here goes. The summer ended up being so much better than I imagine on my return to Belgium. I really got to know some fun people and enjoy being in Europe. It still amazes me how I would show up to a reseraunt or shop and there would be a sign posted saying they were close for a month- I mean these europeans know how to do it right! It's not all about making all the money you can possibly make- they actually take time to enjoy their lives. Oh yeah- and the Olympics- I mean I am generally obsessed with them so i spent many an hour over at my bosses house watching their cable TV-it was a bit sad having to watch the BBC version because part of what I love is all the back stories on the athletes and they only gave us British back stories. But even they loved Phelps which was fun! Then. . .
From August 15-19 I took 7 boys and 2 high school leaders to Wyldlife camp in Wales. It was a lot of fun-along with a lot of rain and a lot of sheep poo! I don't think I have ever done laundry so fast as when I got back from camp-it all smelled like sheep! Not that the middle school boys even noticed or said anything.
After camp I had a day to sleep-Yeah - and a day to pack before heading off to Germany to take an apolgetics class. It was really fun because 2 friends who live and do ministry in Madrid flew in here and we drove down together. It took us about 7 hours to get there. I hadn't done a road trip by car in a while so it was really fun to be crammed in a car, laughing with great friends. The class was amazing and it was great time with friends. We had some great conversations about why we do the things we do. It really opened my eyes to that fact that I do and think so many things purely based on the culture that I grew up in and not necissarily because that is how it is supposed to be in Christ. Again it amazes me that I get to study these things as part of my job. I will try to post some pics from the week once I get them on my computer.
So things are in full swing here-I will try to update more often!!

2 comments:

amybeth said...

no way!! you actually updated your blog!!! yay!!!

julie said...

Hello~ I do hope I didn't scare you today by introducing myself!! I would have known you anywhere but actually never even thought that we could cross paths. Your blog was so encouraging to me as I planned my family's move to Brussels. Please check out my blog and read about our journey. We should get together! -Julie