Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Meeting a fellow blogger!

Crazy story! On Monday I was walking out of the office around 4pm. I had the Boer boys with me and we were ready for a crazy afternoon- we had to go to the Brown's house(where I am staying this week while their parents are out of town) to make sure Nate got in Ok and then take the Boer's home and get Ricky ready for soccer and take him to soccer and then go back to the Brown house. Fun times!! So anyway back to the story- I was walking out of the offices(which are on the ISB campus) and a woman stops me and knows my name. At first I assume she was at church on Sunday-because I stood up and gave and announcement for WyldLife. But then she tells me she recognizes me from my blog! You know how on blogger you can hit the "next blog" button at the top- well she hit that button at some point last year and found my blog. Apparently at the time her family was getting ready to move to Belgium so she kept up with it. And now her family is here!! She said she never thought she would actually meet me but what a small world we live in!! Here is Julie's blog http://thebiasiblog.blogspot.com/ if you wanna check it out. What a fun day!!

3 comments:

Dallas said...

Small world. I found Biasi's blog when I searched for "We're moving to Belgium" a couple of months ago. That might have been how I found yours too. Anyway, I was searching for that phrase since I'll be moving to Belgium in December. It has really been helpful to read different blogs of Americans over there. Hopefully I'll get to meet some of the bloggers I've read once I'm settled there.

julie said...

Now all three of us MUST get together! Marissa has been in Belgium longer than any of us, so she gets to pick the location! I can't wait.

Be carefull when you hit that "next" button. Not everyone's blog is as interesting as Marissa's and most of them are in another language.

Keep planning Dallas. Do you have a move date yet?

Cheffie-Mom said...

How neat! It is funny how we feel so close to so many of our blogging friends and never actually meet them! I stumbled across your blog today. I will be back. (: