Wednesday, September 26, 2007

munich

This week it was off to Germany for a little training, some Oktoberfest and some checking out of ministry opportunities. It was a blast! The week started out with sunshine!!! which was in and of itself enough to make it a great week! But beyond that it was just great to hang out with awesome people- you know who you are! and to be a part of community. We spent a lot of hours sitting on our butts-but we did learn a lot and they even let us work in groups some times- my group always chose to work outside- mmm gotta soak up the sun while you can! At night we pretty much had free- dinner out and then hanging out. We got to eat some great German food- schnitzel rocks! Here are some pics of the fun- the first is of me and Anna-who does YL in Madrid. She is a fellow Atlantan and we actually met in ATL this summer! The next is a group of us out to dinner one night-Adam, Me, Sara, Kevin and Luke

After training I also got to check out Oktoberfest. I actually helped out with a Wyldlife scavenger hunt on sat and got a few pics- They sell these heart shaped cookies that say things like-"kiss me" and i don't know what else but so many people were walking around with them hanging around their necks-

I ended up staying quite a while- because of an odd chain of events which i can tell you about in person if you really want to know. Anyway so Monday I got to go on a gorgeous walk down by the water- it reminded me very much of PA in the fall-lots of trees changing colors. And I met with Dave-the regional director and Chris-whose title I am not sure about- i know you told me-sorry Chris. Anyway I spent a few days getting to know the Munich staff and stayed with Chris, Donna, Mac and Madel roberts- who rocked my world with their kindess! Tuesday I went back into the city and went to a museum and then eventaully made my way back towards Oktoberfest and got my pic with some liderhosen clad gents!
All in all another great week! still don't know where in the world I am headed in the next month but am certain that God has it in his hands and can't wait to see where it is!

2 comments:

The Martindells said...

LOVE your site! Lots of information and great pictures. We are constantly praying for you and all the transitions you are enjoying...keep on, keeping on (and looking up!). Only 3 more months til we get to see you again...can't wait!

Landis said...

Riss, the picture with the guys is histerical...love it! Praying for the news that you will soon be hearing...knowing that God is in control. We are so excited for you in this change in your experience with Young Life. Love you a ton!!!!