Wednesday, March 16, 2011

concerts

It has been the month of concerts. To be honest in the past I have rarely if ever gone to concerts. Most of that came out of the fact that I was not that into music. That's not to say I don't love music-cuz i do! but I didn't really follow the "music scene" and pretty much only knew big names artists that one would hear on the radio all the time. Things have changed in the past year or so. I think I have found my genre of music and therefore have done a bit of research into similar artists. This has also been helped out by the fact that some of my good friend in BXL are VERY into music. So in the past 5-6 weeks I have been to several concerts- some of them more my style and some as a result of friends and students. The first concert was with students-THE SCRIPT-an irish band came through town. I was smart enough to get tickets ahead of time(it sold out early) and went with a few high school students. It was a decent concert- the lead singer was a bit full of himself but I am guessing that a lead singer of a rock band should be a little cocky? The next concert 2 weeks later and more my style- IRON & WINE. I was quite excited about this concert and was actually the one who organized my friends to go. Sad to say it was very disappointing. The music was all changed up and slightly self-indulgent and I walked away feeling like the best part of the evening was going out afterwards. Then the week after that we had our YoungLife fundraiser concert where we had THROW TELEVISION open up for RUE ROYALE. Both amazing bands and quite possibly my favorite concert so far! Monday night was yet another concert- KT TUNSTALL was in town. Fiona got tickets way back when and though I did not know much of her music-let's just say black horse and a cherry tree was probably the only song I DID know- the concert was quite good. She was fun and unassuming and gave a great show. We started out pretty close to the front and since I am somehow taller than most Belgians I had a pretty good view of the entire stage(even the awesome orange drum set!) We ended up in the back after a near fainting scare from Fiona but all in all a good concert
No more concerts for a while but it sure was a fun month!

1 comment:

Fiona said...

hehe, sorry! :) thanks for dragging me out before I fell over! Went to another concert last night not feeling well but there were SEATS so I was fine ;)