Saturday, April 9, 2011

You know your a people pleaser when . . .

Ok so everyday when I go to the gym I pass one of those blinking signs that has a radar in it and it tells you how fast you are going. Now I have seen many different varieties of these types of radar signs over the years and some are more motivating than others. The ones that just blink your speed-not motivating AT ALL-i can look at my speedometer for that. Then there are the ones that blink your speed and how much the fine$$ would be if they caught you. A little more motivating but still . . who's there to catch me. Well the one I pass on the way home from the gym takes another approach which I find VERY motivating. It flashes your speed and then if you are below 50kmp it gives you a ☺ or a ☹ if you are going over 50mph. Now I am NOT joking when I tell you that every time I go by-if it is on ☹ I slow down to earn my ☺. Sad I know-but so true-way to go radar sign inventor you have figured out how to motivate me to slow down-it's kind of like getting a sticker when you were in kindergarten- ONLY BETTER!!!

No comments: