Wednesday, January 9, 2013

New year!


What a difference a year makes!
It's been a common theme in conversations recently.  Friends who were just beginning to date last year but are about to get married this year.  Kids who were babies last year but are now walking and talking.  People that we didn't even know last year who are now some of our intimate friends.
Some things change and some things stay the same and as one year ends and another begins it seems that is often on our minds.

What is the same, what has changed, and what would I like to change in the coming year?
I have often written about the fact that I don't always love change.  I am a lover of tradition and comfort and expectations being met.  I was in the States over christmas and I was on the phone with a good friend and we were talking about our holiday plans/activities.  As I went through the long list of "Hunsberger traditions" she said- "yeah I can see you loving traditions."

It got me thinking- why?  when my life is SO often crazy and change seems around every corner why am I a lover of tradition?  I think that is exactly why i love tradition.  My life IS crazy.  From one year to the next i never seem to be sure of where I will be living or what I will be doing.  I can not often count on even being able to communicate with people when I walk outside my door.  I think that is the very reason that when I go to the States I LOVE to have traditions.  Things I can count on.  Things that are comfortable and easy.  Times with people who I don't even need to talk to in order to communicate.

visited some friends in NYC(Rockefeller center)
Wanda and I on Christmas eve
3 of the sisters with our hangers and bags
the "BIGS" with their stockings
the "littles" with their trucks and shopping cart
settling in for Christmas eve sleepover




cousins together for the first time in a LONG time

Brothers and their toys

Duct tape creations were all the rage:)

watching wanda set off fireworks

our annual puzzle!


Christmas Uno

No comments: