Saturday, October 27, 2012

breaks and exhaustion

Breaks . . .
For all of my life (that I can remember) my year has followed that of a school calendar.  First as a student, then as a teacher and now as someone who works with students.  Those school calendars have months of intensity which lead up to a week or two of break.  Today marks the first day of Fall break here in Brussels.  For a brief moment I thought of going on an adventure to visit some friends in Luxembourg and then Germany but I have decided that both my mind and my body need a little break from running and so I will be spending the next week in Brussels while most of my friends and the kids I work with have headed out all over the world for their first real break of the school year.
exhaustion . . .
Thursday night at about 6pm I started to wonder if it was too early to go to bed.  I didn't want to eat or even watch tv.  I just wanted to sleep.  But I knew that if I went to bed at 6pm I would probably wake up at 2am and be wide awake.  So I made it until about 9pm and off it went to bed.  This semester has been amazing and I am just coming off a 10 day visit from my parents which meant lots of new adventures and exploring!  All of that, however, has led me to be really tired.
So this week I am looking forward to sleeping in, cooking good food, catching up with friends I haven't gotten to spend quality time with, and just re-booting!

No comments: