Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving

Tomorrow marks the first in my 35 years that I will not celebrate Thanksgiving Day with a proper turkey and fixings. It's an odd feeling. A mixture of missing the traditions that this day holds along with that odd feeling that this is home now and in this home they do not have the same traditions.
So I will make a list of things that I am thankful for and for 2moro I will be content to say thank you without the amazing food.

a comfy bed to sleep in, a hot shower whenever I want, food in the fridge and cabinets, laughter, good music, relationships, family who are friends as well, friends who are family as well, legs that can walk or run, shoes for various purposes, a car to get around in, God's love and pursuit, the ability to read, joy, iced coffee, airplanes to get me places, memories, pictures that tell stories, love, mercy, internet connection, books that challenge, different cultures, opportunity to cuddle friends babies, peace beyond understanding, selfless people/acts, chick-fil-a, the color orange, life lessons-even the hard ones, wisdom, smiles, wrinkles that show life lived, that God is bigger than my understanding, traditions, that life is new every day, free t-shirts, bathrooms that flush, water from a tap, grace, flowers, fall, sweet tea, a full life, opportunity to share God's love with my friends.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!! I pray that the day is amazing-filled with friends, family, traditions and new memories!

No comments: