Monday, April 6, 2009

Happy days

Spring is upon us here in Brussels. We had a string of 8 sunny days a few weeks ago and we have had sun 6 out of the last 7 days! There is not much that is cheaper in Belgium than in the US. Flowers is the one thing I have found that is! So 2 weeks ago I treated myself to 10 euros worth of flowers(that's about $13.50) for those not up on the current exchange rates. Here is what I got! 60 roses(5 dozen!!!) 20 red, 20 white and 20 orange. I was so caught up in the thrill of getting them that I didn't realize until I was home that I didn't have any vases! So I played Magyver and used a crock that I had. I had to cut the stems somewhat to get them to fit but here they are. This was before they really opened up so you can just imagine!

Here are a few pics from recent travels. A few weeks back some ladies from Brussels went to London for a few days. Here are a few of us in front of Big Ben and the London Eye. It was such a fun weekend. All the other women had left there husbands and 3 kids(yes all 5 women have the same number of kids). It was so great to just laugh and play. We even went to see wicked and it was SO great! Go see it if you get the chance.

My friend Angie came to visit me for a week so we went to Paris for an overnight trip. Here we are taking our own picture in front of the Louvre.

After church Sunday while we were walking to go get something to eat they were having some kind of remembrance thing so they set the wooden word "l'innovation" on fire. It is always amazing the things you run into around town.

1 comment:

amybeth said...

finally- an update! praying for yall this week- can't wait to hear how it goes!