Monday, September 10, 2007

Brussels rocks!

The newest adventure in my life was a weekend trip to Brussels, Belgium. What a gorgeous place-true old time Europe! So there were lots of cool things about the weekend- like getting to go downtown to the gorgeous main square and hear a Belgian band play some Indiana Jones music- go figure!:) Here is a picture of the main church in the square. I think this square alone was bigger than the whole downtown area of Stavanger-pretty impressive.

While we were downtown we ate and ate and ate some more but the best thing was an authentic Belgian waffle!! MMMMM it was yummy- you can see I got mine with strawberries, bananas and chocolate! And to my family back home- I did NOT get any on me- I am growing up!! and you can take me out:)

Another cool thing about Belgium were these zapper things they had at the grocery store. This is Janet using the zapper. All you do is zap each item as you put it in your cart and then when you are done it prints up a receipt and you take that to the cashier and pay them- it makes it SOO much faster! Boy those Belgians are smart!
Of course the best thing in Brussels is the Young Life staff there! They are some of the funnest(if that's not a word-oh well) and amazing people I know! Here is Paul with his graveyard of dominoes. And to the right are Janet, Liesl and me.
SO needless to say- it was an awesome weekend with lots of laughter and cool people!

1 comment:

Landis said...

Wow, looks like a fun place to live! Praying for you all the time.